Tuesday, August 7, 2007

My Heart! My Heart! Alas, My Heart

I keep reminiscing with my friends and family about you guys, our time together, and TASP, and I keep running a small gamut of difficulties. For one, nobody seems to want to hear me relate everything that occurs in everyday life back to some one of you or an inside joke. I told a few of you this, but I feel the need to reiterate it: I have come home to find that everything here is just the same as it was when I left. The difficulty is that I am struggling to see things the same way because I have changed. I want to divorce my pre-TASP life, and for some strange reason, I desperately want to plant a tree. I think I just decided this moment that I'm going to let the past be the pleasant past, though. Reading Stewart's blog makes me feel that the eighteen of us have a future together, even when separated, and I don't think I really felt that in any tangible way 'till now. Much thanks to the Resident Poet. I still think I'll have difficulty describing you guys, though. I'm writing your guys' names down because [I'm a sad, sentimental dork and also because] as I do so I get a mental image of each of you that is a special snapshot--a part of how I perceive you. God that is so terribly mawkish, but I can't help myself. Perhaps I should just erase this last bit so you all don't start to think I'm crazy...

Susan
Ann
Aaron
Melissa
Sania
Amir
Colin
Wendy
Stewart
Ronald
Joe
Jenny
Dennis
Unikora
Jordan
Emma
Brian
Me


[Come To Brown!!!! Please?]

1 comment:

Susan said...

elexis! i love you!
i'll take pictures of brown for you =)